PERIODONTAL CLEANINGS & MAINTENANCE
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs)- Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Examination of existing restorations- Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Examination of tooth decay- Check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Oral cancer screening- Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, cheek tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Oral hygiene recommendations- Review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed. (Electric toothbrushes, special periodontal brushes, fluorides, rinses, etc.)
- Teeth polishing- Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
POPULAR IN THIS SECTION
- What is Periodontal (Gum) Disease?
- Causes of Periodontal Disease
- Types of Periodontal Disease
- Signs & Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- Mouth – Body Connection
- Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
- Periodontal Disease, Heart Disease and Stroke
- Periodontal Disease and Pregnancy
- Periodontal Disease and Osteoporosis
- Periodontal Disease and Respiratory Disease
|Mon.||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tue.||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wed.||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thur.||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|